Bonsaviour    The Home of Pedigree Golden Retrievers

Golden Retriever Breeder - Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale - Golden Retriever Stud Dog Service -

Shropshire / Staffordshire - Midlands - England - UK

Golden Retriever Breeder

Review Us

Comments System WIDGET PACK

ADAMS, MICHAEL
a month ago

Good Afternoon Nick

Hope all is well with you & your four legged chums.

I just thought I'd let you know how Woody's progress has been in the "Agility world".

Firstly, I couldn't have asked for a better companion, he's been fantastic, so gentle & very keen to learn. We've had loads of fun this year as I've started to run him at some select agility competitions, as I build up his confidence of working in a competition ring. He's pretty fast & keen to work the equipment which is always a bonus.

I've enclosed some pictures of him doing agility this year & I'll send you a video in a separate email which was taken last weekend at Rugby. He finished in 10th place out of 41 dogs, which a promising start from my 2 year old youngster.

Looking forward into 2019 & the plan is to start competing properly around Easter Time if winter training goes well.

Will update you end of next year.

Kind regards

Anonymous
2 months ago

We are stunned by our amazing puppy Bjorn from Bonsaviour. He settled in to our home so quickly & these first four weeks have been a wonderful experience. He was already trained to mess on paper, he sat the first time I said ‘sit’ (I couldn’t believe my eyes!) he slept all night every night, got on with our cat from their first meeting, I could go on!
I highly recommend to anyone to choose your puppy from Bonsaviour, you will have a healthy, happy, confident & intelligent loving family dog.
Thanks so much Nick.
Laney & Dave

Brian Harwood
3 months ago

Hi Nick,
Just to let you know puppy Archie is doing really well. He is a very intelligent (very quick to learn things) and confident young lad. A real pleasure to have and a credit to your knowledge and understanding as a breeder.
As you can see he has become very close to big brother!
Couldn't be happier with him

Regards  Brian

Carolyn Merry
3 months ago

Hi Nick,

I hope all is well with you,

It has been four weeks since I picked up little Pace and I just wanted to write and say thank you - he is such a joy and a beautiful little personality that is perfectly suited for my home and for the work that I do.

I had a great two weeks holiday with him at home and then he has been coming with me to work each day - he is loved by all and brings so much joy to so many people. Most people comment on what an unusually calm and gentle personality he has. So true!  He is such a little thinker - taking time to sit and ponder before jumping into anything but then does so with joyful intent ;) I have never had a Golden Retriever puppy before who was so easy to train and adapts so calmly to so many different environments.

Thank you for breeding golden retriever puppies that have such a great temperament - Pace is such a blessing and source of great joy at home and work. I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted.

Julie Baldwin
4 months ago

Would just like you to know we have one of the puppies from your dog. She is absolutely stunning and has a great personality what lovely pups from your dog.        Hope you don't mind me letting you know. Julie x

J. Wheatsone
4 months ago

Hi “Marley “ We have one of your son's, he is now 14 mths old. His mum is “Honey” from Crewe, he is stunning to look and very friendly with people. We called him “Marley” after his dad because we loved the name. He is the most beautiful dog we have ever owned. I will try and send you a PIC if you like and in 2 years time I would love to own another of your pups but at the moment we are going to enjoy our beautiful handsome cuddly boy.

J. Wheatstone

Charlotte Budd
4 months ago

Hi Nick,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for our wonderful puppy, Bodie.  He settled in from day 1 and is such a happy, confident little pup (who is growing fast now!).  Everyone who meets him falls in love, and he certainly knows how to work us.  We would recommend your puppies to anyone and I have a feeling we will be back again when it's time to give Bodie a playmate !

Bodie is on Instagram if you would like to see how much he has grown https://www.instagram.com/bodie_thegoldenbear/

Charlotte and Rob x

Chris Babbs
4 months ago

Hi Nick, Just a note to say thank you for all your advice about our "Freddie", he is settling in very well and you have clearly done an amazing job with his house training (of course he's an A student too), he knew exactly where to go after the first visit and looks so pleased with himself when he pulls off the trick time and again. Looking forwards to getting to know our new puppy and it's very reassuring to know we have your support if and when we need it. He's so confident and outgoing I think he's clearly had a great start in life. I'll keep you updated on his progress, but in the meantime thanks again!

Jenn
5 months ago

Hi Nick,

Just an update on Kyla, what an amazing dog she is! Absolutely loves all her dog friends and is a star at puppy class. She finds fish just so irresistible which is great for training. She loves to be outside exploring and is a keen digger...the beach is a great place to dig holes! When washing goes missing or slippers we know who has them!

We were at a pet show in Staffordshire last weekend and the lady told us to enter the puppy section of the dog show...of course Kyla came out with a first! She then went on to win overall reserve best in show!
She is on Facebook with Venture photography if you'd like to give her a like!

I have attached some pics of Kyla's adventures.

Jenn, David & Kyla x

Pam
a year ago

How you are keeping well. Thought you would like an update on Holly. She is such a lovely dog. Loves fuss (just like her doggy Mom). Still a puppy at heart. Not done too bad with the chewing stage, did attack the skirting and a bit of the wall but easily sorted. She passed her Kennel Club good citizen puppy and her bronze award. very proud. She stops on our bed when we are out (we put a throw over it) and not even move when we come home. Lol

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas..

Pam & Phil Hancher & Holly

Emily
a year ago

From start to finish- choosing our puppy to bringing her home, Nick made the whole experience amazing. We had done a lot of research before we decided to get a puppy and find the right one. It is clear both mum and the pups have a fantastic temperament, and the diet and care they receive is outstanding. Nick kept me updated constantly and sent photos of the puppies growing weekly and made sure we had all the information to aid the best upbringing for our puppy. Clover has been dry every night since bringing her home and she follows my son everywhere. She has such a gentle loving nature. I highly recommend Bonsaviour Retrievers! Thank you once again Nick, we couldn't be happier.

Karen
a year ago

If you are looking for a golden retriever puppy then look no further than Bonsaviour. Nick is an experienced breeder & his dogs have the most amazing temperaments. As far as the puppies are concerned nothing is too much trouble for Nick and he raises them in a loving home environment alongside his own dogs. As a result the puppies are secure confident & affectionate & waste no time setting into their new family homes. This is my first dog & Nick has been a wealth of information & kept me updated with regular photos & videos of my puppy so I could follow her progress. I would highly recommend bonsaviour puppies - you won't be disappointed!!

Janet Chetter
a year ago

Thank you both (and Amber's mum and dad!) for such a lovely puppy. She is full of fun and wonderful with the grandchildren. I can't believe how fast she is growing and can't wait to take her for walks
Regards Janet

Deb Truman
a year ago

Anonymous
a year ago

We are over the moon with our little Holly. She is really coming into her own now and showing her personality. When we picked up Holly from Nick on 7th January, he was very helpful with advice and tips. All his dogs have a lovely temperament and was coming to us for fuss. I was worried that she would not use her crate  but she went straight into it. She was a little timid to start out with but became more adventurous each day and now she is into everything, like a puppy should be. All the people at work (I work in a vets) said what a beautiful dog she is and in beautiful body condition. She has had her 2nd vaccination so will be able to go out on Saturday. Can't wait to show her off. Thank you Nick

ginnyb
2 years ago

We are so pleased with our puppy Chester.

From the very first contact with Nick, he has been a tremendous support, giving advice and guidance on all aspects of having a puppy. As first time puppy owners, we had plenty of questions, all of which Nick patiently answered. Nicks passion for his dogs is evident in the way he talks about them, and his philosophy of following the RAW diet makes complete sense.

Chester came into our lives as a paper trained, sociable and extremely friendly little puppy. The car journey home was effortless, and the first night he slept straight through. What happens next is down to us, but Nick has given us a great base to start from.

Thank you again Nick, we realise that as well as us choosing Chester, you also selected us to take care of one of your litter.

Emily

Hi Nick,

I hope this finds you well,

I just wanted to send you a couple of snaps of Clover recently. She is absolutely wonderful and I can't imagine my life without her now. Everywhere we go people complement on how gentle she is. Her and my son are inseparable and spend all their time together. She is defiantly a water baby, see picture covered in mud from the pond. She even tries to get In the bath with my son when it's bath time.

I've never seen another dog like her, her breed is just amazing.

Your dog's really are a credit to you.

Thanks again,

Emily

Tracey

Dear Nick
It's now been a week since we collected Georgie Girl.  What a difference a puppy makes to your life!  She is adorable.  I was pleasantly surprised how quickly she got use to her crate. She does well to sleep through  the night  till 6:30. The tripe and bran is consumed very quickly as is her breakfast of Rivita and goats milk. I've tried her on her lead around the garden but she's not too happy with being led. Second injections tomorrow and another week of being in the garden then out for walks.
I would like to thank you for giving us a beautiful pet who has already become part of our family.
Regards
Tracey

Marius
2 years ago

Many years of experience, very good communication from the very beginning, regular updates about the mum and the puppies, with lots of pictures and useful information and tips; that's what I expect from the professional breeder and that's why I definitely recommend Nick from Bonsaviour Retrievers. Pixie has been with us a week and we already love her very much! Fabulous and very intelligent dog with excellent temperament. Thanks very much Nick!

Vicky
2 years ago

We've just had our puppy from Nick and can't recommend him highly enough. We had regular updates on how the puppies were doing right from the start. Nick's dedication was obvious from how healthy and happy the pups were. Mum and dad (Sadie and Marley) were well cared for with beautiful temperaments. Our puppy, Nala has settled really well. She is fab with our 3 children and our older dog because she's been well socialised. Thank you Nick for all your hard work!

sprulesy1
2 years ago

From the first request to go on a waiting list, through to anxiously waiting for our puppy to be born, to the puppy day when we first met her and up to the day we brought her home, Nick has been so helpful and the communication and photos he's sent, have been great. I cannot get over what a calm, placid and beautiful temper our puppy has, thanks to the good breeding of such wonderful dogs. I will be returning to buy another dog from Nick at some point, as I know I will get a fantastic dog from an excellent, professional and friendly breeder.

myshadow
2 years ago

I bought my puppy Lilly from Nick at Bonsaviour, I was amazed of the quality and the health of his puppies, Nick believes it is the natural diet that he feeds his dogs and puppies, everything he feeds is 100% natural, i will always continue with the diet for the health of my Lilly, the service and after care is excellent, I would recommend anyone to buy a puppy from him.

Lisa
2 years ago

I used Marley as a stud dog for my Kadi and from the minute I met Nick I felt at ease, Kadi loved Marley and she went on to have 9 beautiful pups, 6 girls 3 boys all thriving and are now 3wks old :)X
So a huge thanks to you Nick and hopefully see you again soon.
Thanks Lisa X

holly&cameron
2 years ago

Choosing our puppy was made easy by Nick who start to finish kept us updated with pictures and videos and helpful tips on how to ease our puppy into family life. From the first visit the adult dogs there so you could see how fantastic the adult dogs temperaments were and how well they behaved around children. Bringing our puppy home was made easier by Nick easing them inside the home so our puppy was already used to all the sounds of a home and has settled in perfectly! I would highly recommend Bonsaviour puppies!

Emily
2 years ago

'From start to finish- choosing our puppy to bringing her home, Nick made the whole experience amazing. I had done a lot of research before we decided to get a puppy and find the right one and had been in touch with Nick even before the puppies had been born. It is clear both mum and the pups have a fantastic temperament, and the care they receive is outstanding. Nick kept me updated constantly and sent photos of the puppies growing weekly and made sure I had all the information to aid the best upbringing for our puppy.
I highly recommend Bonsaviour retrievers!!
Thank you once again Nick, I couldn't be happier.'

Charlotte
2 years ago

We have recently bought our little puppy from bonsaviour and couldn't fault them at all. We would definitely recommend them to anyone. Nick raised the puppies up with his own dogs- in a very loving home.
For this reason, our puppy is a very confident and happy pup and this is down to Nick.
He has been fantastic with giving us any information if we were unsure on anything which fills us with confidence.
Also it was so lovely being sent photos and videos from when the mother was pregnant to when our baby was 8 weeks old, it was so nice to see him grow into the little boy he is now.
We couldn't thank Nick enough for everything he did. Nothing we asked was ever too much for him and we really appreciate it.
We would 100% recommend bonsaviour. If you want a golden retriever puppy come here!!

Karen

27 posts

8 Tips to Socialize Your Dog (with Other Dogs & Humans)

It’s your golden retriever’s world and we’re just living in it—but that doesn’t mean your buddy gets a free pass on being prim and proper. Make sure your dog is an upstanding canine citizen with the following steps

Golden Retriever Breeder

How to Socialize Your Dog with Humans

Daily Walks Are Key

Just taking your dog out to a public place and walking around will help him grow more comfortable with the world and people around him. From cars driving down the street to the postman, the world becomes a little bit less scary once you’ve been around the block a time or two.

Keep your buddy on a short leash and get your exercise on—there’s lots to see and plenty to smell.  Take different routes, allowing your buddy the chance to meet new friends and experience a wide variety of sights.

Golden Retriever puppies for sale

Mix It Up

Expose your dog to a wide variety of people, from men and women to children, so he can get acclimated to the idea of people (who are much bigger). The idea is that if your dog only ever hangs out with one person, he may grow wary of anyone that isn’t that person, so it’s crucial to diversify your dog’s routine and make time for meet and greets. Pedigree has a useful list of socializing tips including:

• Don’t reward or praise your dog for being scared of people—this encourages skittish behavior.

• Ensure people pet your dog where their hands can be seen like their chest or chin.

• Go back to basics. A dog who is confident with their training and routine makes for a well-rounded pooch.

Be Timely

Between 3 and 12 weeks of age is the sweet spot for socializing a puppy. Beyond 18 weeks (about four months) it becomes a lot more difficult to socialize a dog. Check out the Kennel Club's  handy checklist of experiences your pup should be exposed to during this crucial window of time, available HERE

But don’t be dismayed if you have an older dog, because you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Dog Classes

A little boot camp action never hurt anyone. Ask your vet about local classes that might be a good fit for you and your pet.  Dog training classes are also a great place to meet other dogs and people in a safe and controlled environment.

Golden Retriever Stud Dog

How to Socialize Your Dog with Other Dogs

Stock up on Treats

Most dogs will do anything for a treat, so it’s handy to have a stash of these to keep your dog on his best behavior. Anytime your dog has a successful interaction with another dog, what do you do? You guessed it—give ’em a treat! This encourages positive social behavior.

Tasty Chicken works wonders!  Try to avoid the packaged "treats" which are full of additives.

Golden Retriever Assured Breeder

Let your bright-eyed and bushy-tailed buddy have a lap around the park and make the rounds. If you’re confident about recall, try an off-leash park, or set up a playdate at a friend’s place with their dog.

Time Your Dog’s Social Life

Make sure interactions are long enough to get acquainted, but not so long as to wear your buddy out.

It’s just like you and your BFF: spend too much time together and you might start to notice things you never noticed before…for better or for worse.

Exercise Caution

Introducing a three pound Chihuahua to a Great Dane might sound adorable, but remember to exercise caution when introducing dogs.

Always make sure the the other party is friendly before facilitating a meet and sniff. Know the signs of discomfort in your dog (excessive panting, yawning, tail between the legs) and act accordingly.

Remember: practice makes perfect and the more successful interactions your dog has with his brethren, the easier it will get.

Bonsaviour Retrievers

Copyright © 2019 Bonsaviour. All rights reserved.